A PST File as we all know, is a Personal storage table most commonly known to store items like calendar, events, contacts, email messages and so on. There are multiple reasons to break up large PST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, & 2003.
The major reason why one may want to divide their data file is because of a oversized PST file. And the cause of oversized data file is the excessive storage of email items and attachments. However, large PST files can become corrupted and it can actually slow down Outlook.
Hence, in this following article we will discuss how users can break up large PST files in a quick and simple manner. For this, we will discuss different techniques that one can choose from to split their data files accordingly.
Following are the Methods to Break up Large PST File Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
As we have said earlier, there are different ways by one can easily split their data file. In this upcoming segment we will explain each technique one by one and after this users can select any method that they wish to resolve this query.
Method 1. Using Import/Export Wizard to Split PST Files
This method requires you to use Import or Export Outlook Data to break up large PST files. Furthermore, this method will work with all the Outlook versions. Now, follow these below-mentioned steps to perform this task:-
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your Windows system and go to the File tab and then choose Account Settings>> Account Settings.
- After that, a new dialog box opens up and now you can choose Data Files option and the hit Add button.
- Next, choose Outlook data file (.pst) option and press the OK button to create a new PST file.
- It is possible for you to view your newly created Outlook Data File in the Data File menu.
- In the next step, you need to Import/Export your data from the current PST File to newly created Outlook PST file. And for this you need to navigate to the File tab and then choose Import option.
- For the next step, select Export button and hit on the Next button.
- It is time for you to choose a desired folder items that you wish to export. Make sure to check the Include Sub-Folder option if you want to include Sub Folder options.
- Now, you can select your desired location where you have your recently created data file to export the chosen data.
- Press the Finish button to start the process.
Read More:- How to open Another user OST File in Outlook?
Method 2. Reduce Data File Size Via Data Archiving Method
Data Archiving is basically a process where your data is securely stored for the long period of time. Therefore, with this technique we can create some space by moving less visible data by archiving a particular folder. Follow these basic steps to accomplish this task quickly:-
- First, navigate to the PST file that you wish to divide.
- Next, you can hit on the Archive option from the File menu.
- After this a new dialog field will appear on your Windows screen. Now all you have to do is select the option to archive the folder and press all sub-folders option. Check all the necessary dialog boxes and then tap on the Folder from the list.
- Hit on the Date button from the archive items older.
- Now, you can press browse option to specify the name and choose desired Path for your PST file.
Why Manual Methods Fails to Deliver Prominent Results?
- The above-mentioned methods requires users to have good technical knowledge. However, it is impossible for novice users to use these methods without any technical guidance.
- Overall the entire procedure can be a little time consuming and lengthy.
- With this methods, there are chances that one may end up losing their data.
- Also, prominent results are not guaranteed with this techniques.
Method 3. Using a Smart Tool to Break Up Large PST File
Users can utilize an automated tool to safely split their data files. The Split PST Professional Tool will be the best and reliable option among other third-party software. This tool allows users to break up large PST file by year, size, date, folder and so on. It has an easy to use user friendly interface that helps any user to utilize this utility without needing any technical assistance. Now you can check the working procedure of the mentioned tool:-
- In the First Step, Download and Launch this tool on your Windows system.
- Next, you can add your files by choosing Add File/Folder or Search option as per your desire.
- Choose the Browse option to select your desired option to save your resultant data into.
- Afterward, one can select any desired Split options to split your files by date, year, folder, category etc.
- In the end, check the summary of split information and press Next option.
Time to Say Goodbye
In this following blog, we have provided solution for the most asked query i.e, “How to Break Up a Large PST File?” For this query, we have mentioned multiple solutions that will help users resolve this query in a trouble-free manner. By using the manual method, you may end up losing some of you data and it can consume a lot of time and energy. To be on safer side, we have also explained an automated solution to accomplish this task in a prominent way.