In every organization, import and export of Timesheets entries requirements vary with the payroll period. These entries play a prime role in calculating the working time of an employee. The importing and exporting of such time entries are used to examine the payroll information and to correct errors. It in turn helps in saving more time. The below article is compiled with an informative guide to import timesheet entries in QuickBooks.
A timesheet could be a data table that an employer will use to trace the time a specific employee has worked throughout a definite period. Businesses use timesheets to record time spent on tasks, projects, or clients.
Things need to consider before importing Timesheet entries into QuickBooks Desktop:
Ensure that you have turned on the timesheet service. This service appears in the Service page window which is available under the payroll settings.
How to import Timesheets entries into QuickBooks Desktop?
- For this firstly open the QuickBooks desktop accounting system
- Click on the option named Manage Employees to start an import process
- Click Import Timesheets appears on the payroll dashboard
- Now find into the drop-down option to choose the source of timesheets
- Hit the QuickBooks custom file upload button to start importing the created timesheet
- The time import function lets you import the timesheet files saved in CSV format
- There is no fixed format for the timesheet file. It simply needs to cover the below-given requirements:
- The file format should be TSV or CSV
- There may be only one timesheet entry in a single line
- Make sure the file contains the units, starting date, and ending date
- Employee name
- Select the desired file to upload
- After successfully file uploading you are allowed to adjust the date format of the selected file
- Next, you have to configure the type of data in each column
- Now you can see the highlights of the column initials to get the matching column reference
- Start mapping the columns of the file corresponding to every field of the QuickBooks
- After the column mapping process, the next step is to begin import
- Once you are done with this now review whether the timesheets required any standard approval workflow or it would automatically get approved
- Give a click on the import button to start the procedure
- In case of any interruption in the import process, you can again upload or reconfigure to resolve the error
- Once the import process is successfully complete the next step is to save the file for future objective
- Find and choose the Save button and give a specific name
- Click on Save timesheet format
Import using Dancing Numbers
On the other hand, importing timesheet entries can be very easy using Dancing Numbers.
To import using DN Software users need to make an excel file of the entries that they want to import. Then just follow the steps that the software indicates. And your importing will start and finish in time without any extra efforts.
Here the article about “How to import timesheet entries into QuickBooks Desktop” completes. Hopefully, the information is helpful.
Also read: What is a website audit?