Are you having trouble saving Zimbra emails to a hard drive? If yes then, read the complete article to know the ultimate solution. This article is generated for user support to assist them to understand how Zimbra saves the email to HDD. Zimbra is a groupware utility that includes a Zimbra server, Zimbra web client, and Zimbra desktop.
Zimbra is one of the best utilities for business communication but the possibility of data loss is always there.
Save or Backup Zimbra Emails on Computer
Users can export account info including emails and attachments, tasks, contacts, and calendars. As well as export sure items to your account. Users can then save the data as a backup on their PC or elsewhere, or import it into another application.
Zimbra’s desktop import/export feature supports users to export all data for chosen accounts, including emails and attachments, tasks, calendars, contacts, etc., or certain detail like email account contact lists or calendars. It exports the data to another account on Zimbra Desktop. This account detail is saved as a TGZ file so it can be imported into other accounts on the desktop. Users can also try the export/import feature to save their personal account detail as a backup to their PC or other destination.
Different Solutions to Save Zimbra Emails to Hard Drive
There are two methods for saving your data files to the hard drive.
The manual method is the first option. This method will be finished in 3 phases. The first stage needs users to convert the data files from the Zimbra application (.tgz) after which, users require to export the files to MS Outlook which is the second stage.
Then, the third phase needs users to convert these files into MS Outlook-supported format and then the process will be finished.
It is obviously a very time-taking and problematic solution.
Another way to save Zimbra emails to a hard drive is the direct approach, which permits users to store their emails on your hard drive without having to go through a lengthy procedure.
Let us go ended them one by one.
Method 1: Save Emails to Hard Drive Using the Manual Approach
You must go through three phases before arriving at your goal.
The process is as follows:
Download TGZ Files from the Zimbra application
Step 2: Convert Exported Files to MS Outlook
Step 3: Export Converted data to MS Outlook Data File
If users do not want to go through all these professed phases and the procedure one by one, click here to jump to the direct solution.
It is only one phase and a few-steps long process that can effortlessly be understood and entire by a non-technical user as well.
This will save a lot of time and exertion at your finish.
Save Zimbra Emails to Hard Drive by Downloading TGZ Files
The methods outlined below will allow users to export their mailbox items straight to EML format on your PC:
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Zimbra computer application and locate the Preferences tab.
2. Choose Import/Export from the left pane.
3. Choose All Folders from the export window.
4. Users may now pick any individual mailbox item or the entire mailbox. To proceed, click OK.
5. To start the process, hit on Export.
6. Then, specify where users want the mailbox items saved.
7. To save Zimbra emails to a hard drive, users are first required to unzip the ZIP file wherein the exported objects are packed. To unzip the file, use a suitable tool like WinZip/WinRAR.
8. Finally, look at the length of the unzipped mailbox items. For the time being, Zimbra only supports EML format for exporting mailbox files.
Save Zimbra Emails to Hard Drive with Trusted Solution
If the above-mentioned solution is not helpful for you then you can try third-party SoftwarePro TGZ to PST converter software. With this users can save their data to the hard drive directly from webmail. This tool assists to save emails in multiple different file formats such as PDF, EML, and PDF and not only .pst. This tool is also able to convert Zimbra contacts into Outlook PST.
- In addition to that, while users save Zimbra emails to HDD, it assures data structure and data security are maintained.
- This tool stores all of your data, including email messages, contacts, tasks, attachments, and calendars.
- The easiest method to convert your data files can be completed following the given below:-
- Download and install the software and hit on the add file option. Select the option to add an online mailbox option.
- Now enter the login details for your Zimbra account and click on the login button
- After that, preview the data and click export to start the process
- Hit on the PST option in choose export kind section and click the advance settings button to put the filters
- Select the location for the end outcome to navigate the field and click export to start the conversion
It is typically a good idea to back up your data in a safe destination on an even base. As an outcome, this blog deliberates both manual and instant solutions to save Zimbra emails to the hard drive.
It is suggested that clients use the expert method meanwhile it keeps time and effort. Users can also avoid the long manual process and the problems complicated.