A part of a plant is a form of herb utilized for its different properties like fragrance, taste, or healing effects. Dietary supplements are one of the types of herbal medicines. People are using herbal medicines to sustain and boost their well-being. Natural Herbal medicines are used nowadays in various types like tea, tablets, capsules, extracts, and powder, etc. We can use herbs as a natural treatment for cholesterol problems. These natural drugs are secure to use and worthwhile.
- Cholesterol is produced by the liver and it helps to make bile which is required for the digestion of food
- Low, high, and very-low-density lipoprotein are the types of cholesterol
- The normal value of the cholesterol is less than 170/mg dL
- Different factors affect the level, for example, diet, gender, exercise, and weight
- To inhibit and handle heart diseases, cholesterol levels should be well maintained, different home remedies and herbal treatments are used to cure risky diseases caused by the high or low level of cholesterol, Different herbal medicines are used as cholesterol natural therapies to control the level of good and bad cholesterol in the body.
Natural treatment for cholesterol problems by focusing on Lipid Metabolism
A large number of the population is affected by lipid metabolism. Herbal medicine contains bioactive compounds that have properties that lowering the lipid by four different ways of metabolism of lipid,
- In enterocytes absorption that causes the suppression of cholesterol
- production of cholesterol less
- reverse cholesterol transport advancement
- In the liver boost up the of cholesterol elimination
For example aromatic part of Geraniol decreases the serum Total count and Triglycerides level, Leoligin is sourced by Leontpodium nivale ssp. alpinum that produces the efflux of cholesterol, Lipid-lowering effect by the active ingredient Berberine.
Natural ways to cure diseases caused by cholesterol level unbalance, herbal medicine contain bioactive components could control the metabolism of lipid process and in the absorption of cholesterol multi-target interposition occurred, cholesterol elimination, production, and transport.
The active components are various and like the following berberine contains alkaloids, and pomegranate contains polyphenols and quercetin like flavonoids. Moreover, the bioactive compounds from herbal medicines contain bioactive compounds are usually safe and very well effective.
Natural Home Remedies to lower the level of Cholesterol
- The flax plant produces flaxseed. Levels of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) are high in both flaxseed and oil of flaxseed. Basically, it’s an omega-3 fatty acid that can help you to reduce the higher risk of cardiovascular diseases
- The ingredient that uses in cooking and also a type of Traditional Chinese Medicine is Red yeast rice. It’s produced by yeast with red rice. Monacolin K is a bioactive compound that is present in some red yeast rice products in a substantial amount, the chemically same as the active ingredient in the cholesterol-lowering drug lovastatin. This is one of the important natural treatment for cholesterol problems.
In various kinds of fruits, nuts and vegetable grains, and other different types of plants you can find out the substance like stanols and plant sterols. Fortification is done with stanols and plant sterols in some processed foods like orange juice, products of yogurt, and fortified margarine
Natural Cholesterol treatments can be used for harmful diseases and can be cured by diet modification e.g. some rich sources of omega-3 fatty acid in tuna, herring, fatty fish, Salmon, lake trout, and sardines
Fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that help to reduce the risk of heart diseases that directly link to the high level of cholesterol in the body. Fish also contains some other nutrients, omega-3 fatty acids, and those nutrient combination helps to protect your heart. You can eat fish 1 or 2 servings in a week that can help you to cure heart diseases by natural ways to lower cholesterol
The rose-related shrub is called Hawthorn. Since the time of the Roman Empire Hawthorn berries, leaves and flowers have been used for heart-related diseases.
All of these are the best Cholesterol home remedies that you can use to cure and prevent all cholesterol related diseases and also helps to control the good and bad cholesterol levels in the body
How to control cholesterol levels in the body naturally?
It is important to keep your focus on the intake of monosaturated fats in your diet. The low-fat diet helps you in the weight loss journey but the diet is low fat reduced the harmful level of low-density lipoprotein but also lessen the level of good high-density lipoprotein. Saturated fat should be less than 10 percent of your total calories. Saturated fats are mostly present in processed food so we should avoid saturated fats in our daily intake to maintain our health.
Polyunsaturated fats are good for health, especially it is one of the most important types of omega-3s. The intake of polyunsaturated fats helps to lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases, these types of fat have multiple double bonds that cause them to behave differently in the body as compared to the other type of fats like saturated fat. Polyunsaturated fats help to lower the level of low-density lipoprotein that is not beneficial for health.
Unsaturated fats are trans-fat and their modification is done by the hydrogenation process. Many shortenings and margarine are produced of hydrogenated oils. We should increase the intake of fruits, vegetables more in our daily intake as compared to meat or processed foods, or carbonated beverages. Exercise should be a part of your daily life. At least 30 min of walk daily helps you to keep fit and healthy. Cardio activities can help you feel good and strong, protects you from risky diseases. If you are eating meaty products, full of fat, your cholesterol level will be increased and it can cause a long-term side effect to your body. You do not need any cholesterol medication if you are focusing on your daily diet intake.
Supplements to balance the cholesterol level
Lower cholesterol level niacin is used which is also called vitamin B3. Niacin lowers the level of low-density lipoprotein and maintains the level of high-density lipoprotein. Atherosclerosis is one of the types of cardiovascular disease, Vitamin B3 helps to cure and control this disease.
Extract of Artichoke leaf may help to lower the level of cholesterol in your body. Extract of Artichoke can help to block the synthesis of more cholesterol in your body that can cause harm to your life. An active compound called cynarine contains by these leaves, which enhances the production of bile in the liver, cholesterol excretion of cholesterol increases by speed the flow of bile from the organ gallbladder, use of an extract of Artichoke leaf is the best herbal cure for cholesterol.
Use of Alternative Medicine
You have to follow these tips if you are going to use alternative medicine for high cholesterol:
- You have to talk to your doctor before going to start any kind of natural treatment for cholesterol problems
- Your doctor should know about what kind of supplements you are taking with your medicine
- Without speaking to your doctor you shouldn’t leave any medication that’s prescribed to lower the level of cholesterol
We can buy herbal products that have no serious side effects and long-term good effects on health. Bioactive compounds are present in the herbal plants that are helping to low the bad cholesterol level in the body that can cause harmful diseases like fatty liver diseases or cancer of the liver etc. Herbal medicines are cheap as compared to other medicines and nowadays easily available in the market, but you have to use the herbal medicine with the permission of a doctor. Just focus on your diet and you will be free of every disease.