Salads are made by combining mixed greens with toppings, dressings and olive oil. When it comes to making a salad, a large variety of mix-in options are available as salads can be a staple for diet conscious people. One can add any kind of food and nutritional toppings to a salad. Read out this article to know about the fruits used in salads.
Using Fresh Fruits in Salad
Even though salads are thought of as a mixture of different vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, onion, carrots, cabbage, etc., adding fresh fruits can make it more delicious. Fruits in salads have some added health benefits as well. There are different types of salads you can add fruits such as famous Portuguese salad. Fruit salads are perfect after any meal, or you can eat them as a snack. According to a study, consuming any kind of fruit per day can reduce the risk of heart diseases by up to 10%. There is a number of fruits you can use in your salads. Some of the most liked fruits in salads are berries, oranges, apples, and cherries. You can also use squeezed fruit juice as a salad dressing.
Dried Fruits in salad
If you do not like adding fresh fruits to your salad, you can use dried fruits as well. Dried fruits in salads are the best combination that you will find delicious. Adding these to your salad is the best way of adding a twist with a number of different nutrients. You can use dried apricots, mango, raisins and berries as a topping and enjoy consuming all the healthy nutrients at a time. For example, 20 grams of dried fruits have 20% of vitamin A and 2 grams of fibre. So, keep in mind that it is a healthy addition to your salad.
Dried fruits in salads also work as an alternative to sugar and preservatives. Look for a package that has no other preservatives and additives. It must be naturally dried fruit. You can chop them into small pieces or simply add them as they are.
Delicious Fruit and Vegetable Salad Recipe
This recipe is easy to make and so yummy. You will need only 20 minutes to prepare this delicious fruit and vegetable salad. You can enjoy this deliciously tangy, refreshing and crunchy salad on hot summer evenings. Let’s learn what you will need to make this easy salad.
- Olive oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Bell pepper
- Lettuce leaves
How to make it?
- Chop cucumber and bell pepper into small cubes.
- Slice the strawberries into thin pieces.
- Cut the grapes into halves.
- Chop the basil leaves finely or into strips.
- Mix lime juice with salt and olive oil.
- Place all the fruits and vegetables in a bowl and add basil and sunflower seeds into it.
- Add the dressing over the ingredients.
- Mix everything well and serve.
- You can use lettuce leaves for serving, or you can skip this ingredient.
- If your like lettuce leaves, cut them into strips and add them to the salad.
Delicious Portuguese Fruit Salad Recipe
Here is a delicious recipe of Portuguese fruit salad that you can eat after any meal or as a snack anytime. After eating this fruit salad, you will never look at any other fruit salad. Let’s start.
Ingredients you will need
- Sugar syrup
- Mint leaves
- Mango 1
- Cherries 1 cup
- Peaches 2
- Strawberries 1 cup
- Apple 2
- Oranges 2
Instructions on how to make
- Combine sugar syrup and mint leaves in a bowl and start cutting fruits.
- Cut all the fruits into medium-sized cubes and place them on a serving plate
- Pour the prepared syrup with mint leaves on top of the fruits.
- You can add wine with the sugar syrup
- Add few drops of lemon and enjoy your delicious Portuguese fruit salad.
Adding fruits to salads is beneficial and delicious at the same time. You can munch away a big bunch without the fear of gaining weight. Also, it is super easy to make these salads. Your kids can have tasty vegetables with fresh or dried fruits and enjoy them. Now you can make a colourful and easy salad with fruits and enjoy your meal.