Summary: In this blog, we are going to explain how to convert Outlook for Mac to PST file for Windows Outlook. If you also have the same need, then here you will get free ways to convert Mac Outlook to PST file format.
Microsoft Exchange Server facilitates the creation of multiple mailboxes that are securely stored on the server and helps users manage their email. However, to access these mailboxes, you need an email client that provides a GUI-based look and feel for accessing different folders in a single mailbox account. You can use MS Outlook in a Windows environment and install Outlook for Mac in a Mac environment.
The functional aspects of both applications remain the same, and the mailbox displays folders of the same type. The biggest difference between both Outlooks is the data file. Windows Outlook creates a PST file, and Mac Outlook has an OLM file for it. Some important differences between the data files demonstrate their importance and usefulness.
Immediate Solution: Try the automated Yota OLM to PST Converter Tool to convert Outlook for Mac to PST file. It enables you to migrate complete data like emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items from the Mac OLM file.
Overview of OLM file and PST file
MS Outlook for Windows supports two file formats, PST and OST. If Outlook is configured with a POP3 account, PST will save the data (although Outlook will save the data in an OST file if the user is working in offline mode with an Exchange account).
Outlook for Mac, on the other hand, saves your data in OLM file format. These two file formats store all items in your mailbox, including emails, contacts, tasks, events, notes, and more.
Manual Technique to Convert Outlook for Mac to PST File
This method uses an IMAP account as an intermediate way to transfer data from Outlook for Mac to Outlook Outlook. Therefore, you need to configure your IMAP account first in Outlook for Mac and then in Outlook. With Outlook for Mac, data is transferred from Outlook for Mac to your IMAP account. In MS Outlook, data is transferred from your IMAP account to MS Outlook.
This manual technique has four main steps to convert Mac Outlook to PST file.
Step 1. Create an IMAP account
- Open Gmail or other webmail and click Settings
- Then, in the settings, select the Transfer and POP / IMAP tab
- Next, check the status of IMAP. If it is not enabled, enable IMAP to save your changes.
Step 2. Configure Outlook for Mac using an IMAP account
- Open Outlook for Mac, go to the Tools tab, and select Account.
- Then select Email and enter your email ID, password, and other details.
- After that enter the IMAP server, select the SSL connection with the SMTP server, and select 465 as the port number. Then click Add Account.
Step 3. Export Outlook for Mac Emails to an IMAP Account
- Again open Outlook for Mac and select the item you want to move.
- Right-click the selected folder and click Go> Copy to Folder.
- Find the IMAP folder name and select Copy.
- Then use the Send / Receive button to update the IMAP folder and all OLM emails will be saved to your IMAP account.
Step 4. Configure Outlook for Windows with the Same IMAP Account
- Open Control Panel and select Email> Email Account> New
- Select Manually configure server settings and click Next.
- Select IMAP / POP Settings and click Next.
- Enter the IMAP account credentials and the inbound and outbound server details, then click More Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, enter the IMAP server’s 993 port number, and select SSL Connection.
- Enter the SMTP server port number as 465, select SSL Connection, and click OK.
- Then click Next. It will take a few minutes, so click Finish.
Therefore, the email data is in MS Outlook and can be exported to a PST file if needed using Outlook’s export feature.
Direct Method to Convert Mac Outlook to PST
Yota OLM Converter has great software for converting Outlook for Mac OLM files to PST. It provides support to convert Outlook for Mac to PST with all data items such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. Also, the software does not require the installation of the MS Outlook application to start the conversion.
You can also convert OLM to PST, PDF, EML, MBOX, TXT, and many other file formats. Plus, you can directly import OLM to Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Zoho Mail, and other email accounts.
This is the easiest way to convert Mac Outlook to PST file because it is fast, efficient, and accurate. This software has no compatibility issues and supports all versions of Outlook for Mac, MS Outlook, and Windows OS.
Steps to Convert Outook for Mac to PST file are as follows;
Step 1. Run Yota OLM File Converter Tool on Windows system.
Step 2. Then click Email Data Files >> Mac Outlook OLM File
Step 3. After Add OLM file and click Export then select PST file format.
Step 4. Lastly, choose the desired path to store PST and hit on Save button.
In just a few minutes, you will receive a completion message of successful conversion on the screen.
After conversion, you can import OLM to Outlook Windows 11, 10, 8, and other versions.
In today’s blog, we have discussed two methods to convert Mac Outlook to PST file format. The free manual method is very lengthy and requires the installation of both Mac and Windows Outlook on the system. To overcome all these limitations and quickly convert Outlook for Mac to PST file, it is advisable to go with the professional OLM file conversion tool.
Read More: Convert OLM to Excel