Here we listed the advanced and best measures to increase the speed of your laptop.
Gaming or working on a slow laptop is quite frustrating for a user. In this article we will help you to find a simple way to speed up your laptop. But before moving on to the methods of speeding up your laptop. Let’s know about some reasons why your laptop is working slow.
If a lot of tasks are running at the same time. It may slow down the speed of your laptop. There are several more reasons. Let’s have a look at the measures which help to increase the speed of your PC or Laptop.
Top 8 Best Ways To Speed Laptop Faster On Windows 10
1. Close System Tray Programs
If your system is working slow, a lot of programs are running at the same time automatically while starting up the window. The items which are in the system tray may startup while you start the window.
- Click on the upward arrow on the right side of the taskbar, to access the taskbar.
However, if any program is not required to run, you can right-click on the program and close them.
2. Program running on startup need to be stop
Some programs run on startup automatically. Slows down the speed of the system. Programs like antivirus are important but other unnecessary programs need to be stopped.
To launch the taskbar follow the steps below:
- Right-click the taskbar.
- Choose Task Manager.
- Now go through the device and close the unwanted programs. Simply right-click on the disable option. To enhance the performance of your system.
3. Unnecessary File Removal
If your laptop is used for a longer time. It may have junk files about which you were not known earlier. You can use and download quick photo finder to remove the duplicate images from your system.
Follow these steps to remove those duplicate files:
- Clean the duplicate files by deleting them.
- To delete the file one by one, open the disk.
- Zip file,music, movie or other files which are irrelevant delete them.
- To release space from the Desktop use Disk cleanup.
4. Uninstall Unnecessary Files
Uninstall unnecessary files for antivirus to increase the speed of laptop :
- Press Start and choose the control panel on the right side.
- Press Programs, if you got the link of uninstalling the program, you can click it. Then move to step-4.
- Press Programs and Features. If you see a link for uninstalling a program, then move to step-4.
- Choose the program you don’t want, and press uninstall.
- One by one remove all the unnecessary programs.
5. Check Disk Errors
If you are using your laptop for a longer time. You might face an error on some disk.With this option the error can be fixed automatically.
To do so:
- Press Start, then press on Computer.
- Choose the local disk, right-click on it, and choose properties.
- Press Tools and press Check now.
- Choose Automatically fix file errors, and press Start.
6. Hard Disk Defragmentation
Disk defragmentation is used to remove fragmented files. The steps mentioned below explains the entire process:
- Type disk defragment on Search Box.
- Press on Disk Defragment.
- Choose a local disk, press on the Analyze disk button.
- The result appears on the Last Run Column.
- Press on the Defragment disk button, if the analyzed result is above 10%
7. Adding More Memory To The Laptop
You can add more memory to your laptop with the following steps:
- Upgrade your memory to 1GB, if your system is Windows XP.
- Upgrade your memory to 8 Gigs or more, if your system is windows vista, win7, win8, or win 10.
8. Converting The HDD (Hard Disk Drive) To SDD (Solid State Driver)
SSD speed is four times faster than the HDD while reading and writing. So, replace HDD with SSD. However, HDD reliability is more than SSD, so you should take backup while using SSD.
If you want to increase the speed of your laptop, follow the steps given above.
Either you can improve it on your own, by clean duplicate photos,files and folder from windows pc. If you find a better solution than this please mention in the comment section below.